Thursday, October 20, 2011

{More Good News}

Yesterday I went for my 3rd beta draw to check on my numbers, and I got the results today. Everything is right on track. {Phew.} The nurse confirmed my appointment and ultrasound for next Wednesday. Next Wednesday we will get to see what's going on in there, but I'm hoping it's a little one with a strong heartbeat. {FX} 6 days. It feels like it's been an eternity since I got that BFP and it's going to be an eternity waiting for Wednesday.

I feel like the more good news I get, the more I let my guard down. My guard is protecting me right now from getting "attached" to this pregnancy and being completely heartbroken if I get bad news. I realize beta numbers indicate that my hormones are headed in the right directions, but it's not an indication that it's a "viable" pregnancy. I really wish they would have done an ultrasound sooner. {And I can't help but think that if I could have gone back to see my old doctors they would have by now.} I'm trying to remain at a healthy distance but also enjoy the fact that I am pregnant. I mean, this is what I've been wanting for a very, very, very long time. So I have a right to enjoy it, and hope... but at the same time, my guard will stay up just because I know all that can go wrong.

I've been the 1 in 4 women who experience miscarriage 4 times. The odds have always been against me. But for some reason this time I feel like I get to be those 3 other women who carry a pregnancy full term and bring home a healthy baby.

6 days. For 6 more days I get to enjoy this pregnancy and nothing is wrong. For 6 more days I get to dream and hope. Once again, I am so grateful to be here right now. ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment