Thursday, October 13, 2011

{Good News? It's Been Awhile...}

For the first time in a little over 2 years, I got good news today. I called this afternoon for the results of my second beta I went in for early this morning, and the nurse says, "your levels rose appropriately." I said, "excuse me?" and she said it again. Good news. Wow, it's been awhile since we've talked.

I'm not out of the woods yet {I think that I will never feel "out of the woods" until I have a healthy, screaming newborn in my arms} .... but I'm in a good place. I'm still pregnant and everything is okay. I feel good. I feel confident. And I'm taking it one day at a time.

The plan from here is another blood test Wednesday next week {I asked for this-- just to be sure the numbers were okay before my first appointment}, then the following Wednesday I have an ultrasound and appointment scheduled. Ultrasounds scare me. It's been ages since I've gotten good news in the confines of an ultrasound. This time though, my wonderful DH will be accompanying me and my plan is for us to see our little one for the first time.

I am so thankful for the last 7 days and for the simple fact that I am pregnant.

No comments:

Post a Comment